Eckhard von Törne
Dr. Eckhard von Törne, Lecturer
Physikalisches Institut, Nussallee 12, Room 3.002, 73-3221, Email: evt-at-physik.uni-bonn.de
CV: 1998-2002 Humboldt fellow and post-Doc Ohio-State U./Cornell U., 2001/02 chair of CLEO's Hadronic b-decay group, 2002-2008 Assistant Professor Kansas State University (on leave since 2005), 2005-2010 Kovalevskaja research group leader in Bonn, Lecturer of Physics at U. of Bonn since 2006, member of the ATLAS experiment, co-developer of TMVA which is one of the tools that helped to discover a new particle at the LHC.
Awards: Kovalevskaja prize 2004.
Research interests: Higgs boson, multivariate analysis.
- BCGS intensive week, winter term 2015/16
- High Energy Collider Physics, summer 2015
- C++ in High Energy Physics, summer 2015
- Research Internships at the Bonn-Cologne Graduate School of Physics and Astronomy
- The ATLAS Experiment
- The TMVA project and TMVA tutorial
- The hunt for the Higgs Boson
- Bonn-Cologne Graduate School of Physics
- Full Publication List
LEO English-German dictionary
InSpireHEP Preprint Database
- "Overview of the ATLAS Higgs Measurements", E.v.Toerne, (slides from CERN server)
- "Medical Imaging Inspired Vertex Reconstruction at LHC ", S. Hageboeck, E.v.Toerne, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 396 022021 (2012)
- "Status of TMVA", Presentation at ACAT 2011, Brunel University, London UK
- Lectures at Advanced Methods of Software Development in High Energy Physics, Helmholtz workshop, Dresden 2010.
- "Multivariate Analysis Techniques", Lecture at 2010 Terascale Statistics School, DESY-Hamburg, 25 March 2010
- "TMVA - Toolkit for Multivariate Data Analysis" , A. Hoecker et al., arXiv:physics/0703039v5 [physics.data-an] (revised 2009)
- "Expected Performance of the ATLAS Experiment - Detector, Trigger and Physics", ATLAS Collaboration, arXiv:0901.0512 (2009)
- "ILC Reference Design Report Volume 4 - Detectors", ILC Collaboration (Ties Behnke, (Ed.) et al.), FERMILAB-APC, arXiv:0712.2356 [physics.ins-det] (2007)
- "Calorimeter assisted tracking algorithm for SiD" D. Onoprienko, E. von Toerne, arXiv:0711.0134 [physics.ins-det] (2007)
- "Recent B-Physics Results from CLEO", E. von Toerne, 'Secrets of the B Meson', SSI 2002 Topical Conference, Stanford, CA, Aug. 2002 [hep-ex/0301016]
- "Observation of B0b -> D(*)0 pi0", with T.E. Coan et al. (CLEO), Phys.Rev.Lett.88:062001 (2002)